Promoting Whole Person WellnessDecember 4, 2020
Wellness is defined as “the quality or state of being in good health, especially as an actively sought goal.” This definition highlights the importance of what wellness truly is — a journey, not a destination.
Living well at The Atrium at Navesink Harbor takes on this meaning with the LivWell program, a wellness program offered at all Springpoint Senior Living communities. This program takes a holistic approach to health by exploring all seven dimensions of wellness: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual and vocational. By offering activities that fit into each of these dimensions, The Atrium encourages residents to actively participate in the journey of wellness in day-to-day life in the community.
7 Ways The Atrium at Navesink is Redefining Senior Living Wellness
Let’s explore the seven dimensions of wellness and how The Atrium addresses them:
- Physical Wellness — Through activities like our Nordic walking club and yoga and tai chi classes, moving and making sure the body stays active is vitally important to the LivWell program. A fit body encourages wellbeing and sets the stage for healthy aging.
- Intellectual Wellness — Keeping the brain sharp ensures a healthy mind, which reduces the risk of cognitive decline. The Socrates Cafe Philosophy Group and resident scholar lectures are just a few of the ways to focus on your intellect.
- Emotional Wellness — Emotional wellness doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be happy all of the time. Instead, it’s about being able to manage negative emotions in a healthy way. Keeping a positive outlook on life and looking for activities that lift your mood, like guided meditation, increases optimism and emotional wellbeing.
- Social Wellness — Staying connected to your community is important for both physical and mental health. With fun activities planned like weekly card games and painting classes, just to name a few, we offer ample opportunities for you to socialize with your neighbors. We even have our private pontoon boat, so you’re able to take a relaxing river cruise with champagne and chocolates while surrounded by friends.
- Environmental Wellness — We only get one world to live in, and taking part in activities to preserve and protect the environment allows for comfortable surroundings and a sense of pride. Our Navesink Garden Club is one example of available environmental awareness and appreciation groups.
- Spiritual Wellness — Our residents are encouraged to expand their faith and explore inner values in order to find a sense of purpose. As a non-denominational community, there are opportunities for those of all faiths to freely express their chosen beliefs.
- Vocational Wellness —You know what they say: you get wiser with age. Sharing talents you’ve acquired throughout your life with others by participating in volunteer opportunities and community connections gives you a gratifying feeling of accomplishment.
Learn How You Can Achieve Wellness at The Atrium at Navesink Harbor
At The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, our comprehensive, award-winning senior wellness program, LivWell, goes far beyond traditional senior living activities like fitness classes and Bingo. Recognized for innovation by LeadingAge New Jersey, our LivWell philosophy is “to provide the opportunity to engage in experiences which support a high quality of life, personal choice, lifelong development and an optimal sense of well-being.”
The LivWell program’s advanced approach to whole person wellness is individualized, so you have the choice in how engaged you want to be within the community. As part of the new resident orientation, you create a unique profile that highlights your goals and interests. This profile allows you to focus on personal goals and make noticeable improvements in all seven dimensions of wellness.
Our entire LivWell staff undergoes specialized training and work hand-in-hand with residents to develop our programming, ensuring all residents enjoy an engaging, stimulating life full of activities that mean the most to them. The fact is people can grow stronger, healthier and more engaged in life at any age — it’s never too late!
How can the LivWell program benefit your health? Come visit us and find out! Contact us today to schedule a personal tour and learn more about how health and wellness is woven into everyday life in the community.
You can also learn more about holistic wellness and our LivWell program by downloading our FREE guide: The 7 Dimensions of Wellness in Retirement. In this guide, we dig deep into holistic wellness, the 7 dimensions of wellness and what they mean, and Springpoint’s award-winning wellness program LivWell.