Is a One-Bedroom Apartment the Best Fit for You? Take Our Quiz!January 12, 2022
If you’ve been pondering whether a one-bedroom apartment or a two-bedroom apartment in a senior living community is the right choice for you, you know the decision can be tough. Photos and floor plans give you some guidance, but it definitely helps to look at your options from a more personal perspective. Take a few minutes to answer the questions below to help you discover the perfect amount of square footage for your lifestyle!
Take the Square Footage Fit Quiz
When it comes to choosing between a one-bedroom apartment or a two-bedroom apartment, it’s all about your lifestyle. Here are eight questions that explore your needs and wants one square foot at a time. When you’re finished, add up your A’s, B’s, and C’s, and check our Test Key at the end to determine your best fit:
- In what room in your current home do you spend most of your time?
- Living room or TV room
- Eat-in kitchen
- How important is an extra bathroom?
- Very important
- Somewhat important
- Not at all important
- In a typical month, how often do you cook at home for friends/family?
- How often do you travel, and how long are you typically away?
- Snowbird who goes away for 3 or more months at a time
- Travel occasionally for a week or so
- Rarely travel, and it’s weekends only
- How important is it to have a separate office or den?
- I wish I had a place just for crafts, bridge or computing
- I don’t mind using a stowaway table for crafts, bridge or computing
- I’m fine working at the kitchen table
- How often do you expect to have overnight guests?
- It’s like a revolving door here!
- Occasionally, and a convertible couch works fine
- Prefer my out-of-town guests stay in a hotel
- Are you a collector of anything?
- My collection needs a home in my new home
- Only a few family things that can sit on any shelf
- Only dust!
- What’s your workout routine?
- I have several pieces of equipment
- I have a treadmill or other exercise equipment in my bedroom
- I prefer to work out in a fitness center
- All or mostly “A” A two-bedroom floor plan might be the best fit for you!
- All or mostly “B” A one-bedroom apartment sounds like a great fit for you, but opt for one with more space.
- All or mostly “C” Sounds like a one-bedroom apartment is the best size for you and your needs!
Our Apartments Fit Perfectly into a Great Lifestyle
Once you have your answer, consider adding The Atrium at Navesink Harbor to your list of options. With our beautiful surroundings, proximity to NYC and culture, and maintenance-free lifestyle, The Atrium at Navesink Harbor truly does have it all.
In addition, The Atrium at Navesink Harbor offers independent living floor plans to complement whatever lifestyle you want to lead. To help you select from among The Atrium at Navesink Harbor’s senior independent living apartment floor plan options, browse our Apartment Size Fit questions below. It’s food for thought that will help point you toward the door that says “welcome home” your way.